Life Sciences Research Weekend
Pacific Science Center November 1-3, 2013
Friday 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
Saturday-Sunday 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
The Northwest Association for Biomedical Research (nwabr.org) and Pacific Science Center have teamed up to organize three days of live demonstrations, interactive exhibits and talks for school children, families and citizen scientists interested in learning more about the exciting world of life sciences and the key role research plays in our daily lives.
The seventh annual Life Sciences Research Weekend at Pacific Science Center takes place Friday, November 1 through Sunday, November 3, 2013. This experience promises guests hands-on science and face-to-face time with the nation's top research scientists from companies and research institutions across Washington state.
- Accium BioSciences
- American Chemical Society Puget Sound Section
- Amgen, Inc. (Sat & Sun only)
- Benaroya Research Institute
- Center for Sensorimotor Neural Engineering (Friday only)
- Emergent Product Development Seattle
- Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- Infectious Disease Research Institute (IDRI)
- Pacific Science Center, Science Communication Fellows (Saturday only)
- Seattle Children's Research Institute
- Seattle Science Foundation - Kids in Medicine (Sat & Sun only)
- Shoreline Community College - Amgen Bruce Wallace Program (Friday only)
- SNBL USA
- The Hope Heart Institute
- UW Biochemistry, Computer Science and Engineering and Center for Game Science
- UW Bioengineering and Biomedical Engineering Society
- UW Chemistry - David Ginger Lab
- UW Genome Sciences
- UW Kaeberlein Laboratory (Sunday only)
- UW Medicine
- UW Medicine, South Lake Union Group (SLUGS)
- UW Molecular Engineering & Sciences Institute and Washington Nanofabrication Facility
- UW Neurobiology & Behavior Community Outreach
- UW School of Nursing
- WSU - Horticulture Department
- ZymoGenetics, a Bristol-Myers Squibb Company
Entry to this event is included with the price of general admission - FREE for Pacific Science Center members. For more information please contact Val Kravis at firstname.lastname@example.org or (206) 443-2937.