Earth Day Activities With Pacific Science Center
April 22, 2015
Earth Day Activities with Pacific Science Center
Celebrate Earth Day with Pacific Science Center and Mercer Slough Environmental Education Center in Bellevue where we are dedicated to providing Earth Day-friendly programming for visitors of all ages. Join us as we explore the polar regions with Science On a Sphere or investigate Earth's place in the universe with the Willard Smith Planetarium. Come see a Tide Pool feeding, meet a naked mole rat or tour our cultivation and pollinator gardens. Below is a complete list of activities in Seattle and Bellevue.
Lewis Creek Park - Bellevue – April 18
Arbor Day – Earth Day Family Festival: Pacific Science Center staff and volunteers will be participating in the City of Bellevue's environmental improvement projects and celebrating the important contribution of trees. They will be planting trees, restoring trails, removing invasive plants and helping improve parks and open spaces. Following the morning volunteer projects, everyone is welcome to join the Arbor Day-Earth Day Family Festival and community tree-planting celebration, 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m. at Lewis Creek Park in Bellevue.
Pacific Science Center - Seattle – April 22
- The Arches will glow green in honor of Earth Day.
- On the Live Science Stage: Ice Under Fire.
- Visit the special interactive earth-focused educational carts and other earth-themed presentations.
- Learn all the earth-related happenings on Science On a Sphere.
- Visit our newly planted Pollinator Garden in the courtyard.
- Check out the Harvesting Science exhibits from our Science On Wheels program.
- Check with Membership about our Earth Day Membership packages.
- Visit the Gift Store for special Earth Day merchandise.
- All of this and more!