Astro Adventures: Upper Elementary Curriculum
Astro Adventures: Upper Elementary Curriculum was created to answer the high demand for a space science unit for elementary teachers. Lessons that address national and state elementary space science standards were extracted from the original Astro Adventures book. The upper elementary curriculum book features:
- 6-8 weeks' worth of inquiry-based lessons.
- Suggested material lists to easily produce kits for teaching the curriculum.
- Methodology teaching tips throughout to help guide the teacher with an interactive approach.
- Integration of written and oral communication throughout.
- Background and resource material for the teacher.
- Embedded formative and summative assessments for all lessons with a final assessment.
Astro Adventures II
The critically acclaimed Astro Adventures, a teacher's guide for astronomy activities for grades 4 and up, has been revised and updated to include:
- Greater alignment with the National Science Education Standards (NSES) space science standards.
- New lessons for students to discover the patterns of the Sun's movements and the science behind seasons.
- New bibliography for each unit including web resources.
- 6 units containing 30 lessons with several extensions and suggestions for integrating space science topics with other areas of the curriculum.
- Lessons developed to address common preconceptions students bring to the subject.
- An updated set of 18 slides for the planet picking unit.
- Background information to enhance teacher understanding.
- Printable order form for both curricula
- Sample activity - Create-a-Constellation
- Sample activity - Making a Sun Clock